Start Date: 10th July
Start Date: 2nd Oct
At the end of the course you will receive a Certificate of Space Operations
A Space Mission is the complex result of technologies, processes and people all working together to prepare, launch and operate satellites in space.
The preparation of a Space Mission begins about ten years before the expected launch date, and involve the preparation of both the Space Segment and the Ground Segment.
This course gives an overview of all the elements of a Space Mission, with all its phases: from the feasibility studies, to the Operations Preparation, Development, Verification and Validation, Launch and Early Operations activities, Real Time Operations up to De-orbiting.
It is intended for those who work in the Space Operations Control Centers; for those that are experts of a specific space or ground subsystem and would like to understand the overall context of Space Operations in all its components; and for graduates and professionals who wish to find a job in Space Operations Engineering.
The classes are given by experts from the Space Sector, directly coming from Industries, to provide a direct and practical content with work experience and examples.
Why Choose our Space Technology and Instrumentations Program?
93% of the Students finds a job in the Space Sector with a certification in Space Operations
More than 100000 People are employed as Aerospace Engineers
iSpace School approach is different from traditional universities: education aimed directly at the professional sphere
Lecturers: You have the opportunity to learn from our pool of Professors selected from the Forbes U30 list and from the Space Industries.
Get certified by a Business School in the Space Sector.
11% Creation of a new business/ Startup
The Space Operations Program is structured to provide participants with the tools to learn about the topic, find a job in this sector and create new businesses.
The duration of the Program is of 12 Weeks: with Lecturers from the Space Industries and Forbes U30 explaining the key elements of Space Engineering.
Intakes: January, April, July, October
Length of the Program: 12 Weeks
Modes of Attendance: Online
Classes: Weekly, on Saturdays, between 18:00 and 20:00 CEST
Tuition Fee: 1400 Euros
Next Intakes Start Dates: July FULL - 2nd October
At the end of the Master you will be awarded 36 Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits.
Module 1: System Operations Engineering
- System Operations Engineering and Engineers
- End-to-End Operations
- Overall structure of the Space Systems
- Mission Control Centers
Module 2: Systems Automation and Operations Management
- Automated Operations in the Mission Control Center
- Automated Operations in Space
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning key elements
- A.I. and M.L. Space Applications
- Risks and Challenges in Space
Module 3: Space Segment
- Satellites main components
- Spin Stabilized and 3-axis stabilized satellites
- Orbits: GEO (geostationary) LEO (Low Earth Orbit) Molniya , Deep Space Missons
- Challenges related to different orbits
- Space Segment Anomalies
Module 4: Ground Segment
- Mission Control Centre
- Ground Stations
- Mission Planning
- Flight Dynamics
- Data Processing
- Monitoring and Control Systems
- Ground Segment Anomalies
- Teams working in the Mission Control Centers
Module 5: Launchers and Propulsions Systems
- Launch Sites
- Launchers Vehicles
- Reusable rockets
- Structures and Performances
- Solid and Liquid Propellant Engines
- Electric Propulsion
Module 6: Space Project Management
- Main elements of Project Management
- ECSS Standards,
- TRL Scale,
- Mission Lifecycle: from Phases 0 to Phase F
- Quality Processes
- Anomaly assessment, Risk assessment and mitigation
- Mission Operations Key Documents
- Operations Preparation Documents
- Internal and External Interfaces